This Sunday 25th October sees the running of the Annual 10 mile Great South Run. Fareham Crusaders hope to be there in force, and in no particular order here are some pointers to help you enjoy your day even more.
Before all that… if this is your first big race, then check out our ace guide to running your first big race HERE.
- Crusaders will be meeting at 9:45am for a group photo outside the D-Day museum right near the start (image below).
- A timetable of events can be found here.
- The race is a flat 10 miles. The 1st two miles take you through Old Portsmouth and the Dockyard, with a tonne of British History to take in. Check it all out here!
- The last two miles can be hard, as you run against the prevailing wind, along the coast towards the finish. Leave something in the tank people!
- Don’t panic about your sugar highs! There are plenty of water stations, Powerade stations, and jelly babies along the route.
- Smile, you’ll be on camera, possibly those from Channel 5, so set you DVR’s and check it out when you get home.
- Special Crusader cheering stations are set up along the route. Most notably The Dockyard around 2 miles, and outside the Eastney Tavern at 7 1/2 miles (look out for our flags and ‘motivational’ cheering).
- Lastly, it would be ace to see you all after the race. This year, we will be meeting at the Florence Arms, approx 0.5 miles from the race finish.
- Lastly…have fun. Enjoy the event, define the moment and be #unstoppable!