Thinking of joining FRC? Our traditional Beginners Nights are suspended for the time being. Instead, please accept our invitation to join us for a free session on any Tuesday to suit you. Please read this page very carefully to understand how we will keep you safe on your trial night and how to book your session with us.
Step One – Please watch our Return to Training video:
Step Two – Please take a few moments to read our Risk Assessment to ensure you know the precautions that your Leaders are taking to keep you safe.
Step Three – Please read all of the following points to ensure you understand the important points about running with us during COVID-19:
- Runners do not have access to Fareham Leisure Centre at any time before, during or after a club training session. This includes members of the gym. Please keep your valuables in your car, or carry them with you, or leave them at home. You must arrive at club ready to run. Please visit the toilet before you leave home!
- Please wear hi-viz to every session. As well as keeping you safe from vehicles, it also makes you more visible to other runners and members of the public. This will help us all to maintain social distancing at all times.
- You must be temperature checked before you run with us, every week. Temperature checks will stop promptly at 7pm. If you arrive late, unfortunately you will not be able to take part in the session. During the winter months it may not be possible to get accurate readings from our temperature checkers. When this happens, extra social distancing measures shall be taken and communicated by the club on a regular basis.
- It’s vital that you put yourself in the right pace group. Please respect these for the safety and well-being of you and your team mates. Loopbacks are not allowed until further notice so you risk getting cold or ceasing up if you put yourself in the wrong pace group.
- Please do not come to Fareham Leisure Centre if you have not signed up to a session in advance. Even if we have space in a group (or someone doesn’t turn up), you will not be able to run with us unless you have signed up in advance.
- If you sign-up to a session but can no longer make it, please let the club know to free up your place for somebody else. Please email email@example.com.
- You must report to the club if you display any symptoms or test positive for COVID-19 in the 10 days following your run with the club (i.e. up to and including the following Friday). Please email firstname.lastname@example.org providing as many details as possible. Your email will be picked up, replied to and acted upon by our COVID-19 Coordinator, Paul Pickford.
- You must not congregate with other runners before or after our club session. Warm-ups will continue to form part of our club nights but will be conducted so that everyone is suitably socially distanced from others in the group.